Friday, June 8, 2012

The BOWL!

This bowl seems like any normal bowl I'm sure, but to me--- It's one thing I've wanted for a year and saw multiple times in the store and held off from buying. I first started to like this all recycled style of bowl after watching Rachel Ray. She uses a large bowl like this for her "scraps" then two winters ago back home we were at Noble Drug and they had three different sizes of them! I was shocked and impressed at the same time! I wanted one, Brent thought it wasn't something I NEEDED.... so I walked out only to find out later that Laura's boyfriend Brayden bought me the small one!!! :) Yay. So I've loved that bowl and use it  often. 

So now for this bowl.... It has been at the base store for the past year. It's always sat on a back shelf for $20 and I've always had an eye for it... I think it's just so great! It would make the largest bowl in my collection... It moved all around the store in the last year and as of the past few weeks its been on display with the ice cream makers/snow cone summer fun stuff!!! 

Today Brent and I were walking through and I just planned our route to the check out to go past this bowl... I pointed it out and showed him how awesome it was. I was completely prepared for, "Nope" and instead he grabbed the second one (we are in a great habit of not grabbing the first of anything because that's what people touch the most! Germ people, more like germ me and it's rubbed off on Brent) Anyways! He grabbed it and continued walking to the check out. YAY!!! I finally after a long wait have my giant bowl. 

I'm mostly excited to use it to make my weeks worth of lunches of Gram's Pasta Salad!!! Before a whole box of noodles and the rest of the ingredients barely fit in my LARGEST bowl without spilling all over the place as I mixed them together. This bowl will be PERFECT to mix up my favorite pasta salad!! See, it's been worth getting this whole time.... This was definitely NOT an impulse buy!! haha. 
Who is SO excited?!?!?!--- I would say me, but look at Moxy's blurry wagging tail? 
he might win! It's close. 

I also got some fun summer ice cream spoons! They were on sale and I couldn't resist! :) 


Sorry Moxy, no food in there... 

No comments: