Tonight I made a homemade dinner! Wowza. Everything from the potatoes to the gravy...
This weekend we had grilled steak tips but had way to many to eat in one night so we saved half the package for a dinner sometime this week. It's been cold and rainy the past couple days and sunshine doesn't look like it's coming soon. I googled recipes for baking sirloin steak tips and this is what I got.
Baked Sirloin Steak Tips
4 sirloin tips
1/3 c. butter melted (I accidentally used 2/3! OOPS! But butter makes everything tastier)
3 tbsp. all purpose flour
1 tbsp. mixed herbs ( I just grabbed random spices from the rack and through them in!)
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
Melt butter, stir in flour. Brush mixture on raw steak tips (I just poured my mixture on and rubbed the mixture around.) Sprinkle on herbs, place in dish. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top and bake at 425 for 25 minutes or until meat looks done.
A trick I learned from the food network this weekend is take it out when it looks a little less done than how you like your steak and once you take it out, let it "settle" and it will continue to cook to perfection!
This was the first time I made home made mashed potatoes on my own I think! I went off of what I remember seeing my mom and grandma do... boil the water with cubed potatoes until soft, drain, and then throw in some butter and mash away! They actually turned out REALLY good!
When the meat was finished I noticed there was plenty of "liquid" (cough..butter) left over with a mix of the meat juice and herbs. Again, I tried to make gravy how my mom does by adding flour..... and..,.. IT WORKED! It turned out really really good. (But definitely not good for you at all!)

Brent says this picture doesn't give it enough credit, especially the meat! ha. It does look a little interesting here... but look at those potatoes!!! ;)
And my homemade gravy!!!!

2 comments:
Looks great Lisa- very yummy! I made mashed potatos w/ Swedish Meatballs last week and Eddy goes...'what IS this, ice cream?!?' Guess I don't make them much either. ;-)
But I learned somewhere (think PW) after draining them to set back on hot burner so the water completely gets outa there and then I start mashing them on burner alittle.. Something about the starches...
Also- our secret ingredient is some cream cheese beat in after ALL lumps are out, and alot of Seasoned Salt. It makes a big difference!
Sour cream added in sounds good! Dangerous, but good! :)
Post a Comment