Saturday, April 7, 2012

Collage art

About three weeks left in this semester for school. Finishing up projects here and there for school.... Collage art, paper mâché, finished and a painting project left for my art class.
I had a fun time making this flag collage. I wasn't sure what to make and it came down to a flag or the state of minnesota. I decided to go patriotic and create the flag out of an assortment of reds, whites and blues of scrapbook paper.
I'm pretty sure I posted the "drying" process of this mask a few weeks back. Well I finally got around to finishing it. Masks/painting details are really not my thing. Anyways, the project was to create a mask that would take away the every day "demons" in my life. I struggle with the fact that there isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to (and I don't even have kids yet!) So I made a mask that would stop time to allow me to get things that must get done, done and to be able to enjoy the fun things in life that so quickly pass me by. For my art class we had to create this mask and write a story about it and the reason I would want it. My story fell along the lines of a mask that was passed down generation after generation to a child in the family who seems to be going a hundred miles a minute and missing out on the little things in life. In this story my mom passed me down this mask and eventually I would pass it on to my children. It was a fun assignment. As you can see the mask shows an hour glass laying on it's side so time can not pass through, time stands still.

No comments: