Tomorrow, the list of base choices comes available to the Brent Olson crew. We will have a week to figure out what we want to do before turning over our list to Brent's commander to look over and send into the people who place everyone. I will be so happy when this "moving" stuff is behind us. From talk Grand Forks looks to be out of reach. The position available there isn't an advancement for Brent so supervisors don't feel its a smart move for him; even though we'd be totally fine with it!
We are playing with idea's in Colorado, Montana, Florida, Wyoming for right now. We really don't know what will be on that list tomorrow or if any of those choices above will be available. The waiting game.... I'm pretty sure that we should know WHERE we will be moving by the end of January. We are also preparing ourselves for the possible move over seas. We won't be putting any bases overseas on our list but there is always the possibility they will need someone of Brent's rank and job at a base overseas..... we'll see I guess! Thankfully if we do get overseas Mox will NO longer have to go 6 months into QUARANTINED! As of January 1, 2012 they are no longer having pets going into 6 month quarantine to go overseas. (This was a pile of tears earlier this week when I found out Mox would not be in our home for six months if we got over seas, and if he was going to have to be in another countries quarantine, my parents were going to be gaining a dog for two years! :( :( :( tears....tears....tears....) SOOOOO now that quarantine will be OUT- no matter WHERE we go, we'll be going as our whole family of 3! So that makes things less stressful for sure.
Alright, I'm just rambling now. Nervous typing.... I'll keep you all up to date with our top five choices. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment