I couldn't let the fabric just sit around and I decided to tackle the project that night. I had bought: 1/2 yard of three different patterns that I liked. One thing I made sure of was that the back of the fabric wasn't just white because that might throw off my "look". After cutting I found out I only needed 1/4 yard of each pattern. Cut into 1 inch strips by 6 inches long. Find a wire hanger in your house. ( I hate wire hangers so this was the most difficult part of the whole project for me. Finding one!) Form the hanger into a circle, it doesn't have to be perfect. After your pieces are cut.... start tying on! I did three of each pattern and then switched.
See... doesn't have to be a perfect circle...
Ta-Da! :)
The way I saw it being used when I researched it was as a candle ring, center piece ring or a hanging wreath for the door. It's nice to have options! :-)
Love how it turned out! For me it cost $10 for fabric, but if I would have only gotten 1/4 yard like I needed... $5 DOLLAR PROJECT!!! :)
Now, I think I'll make one for EACH holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment