Update on my new job. I LOVE IT! It is sooo much better than my last job. I loved the kids at my last job, but the management and rules were ridiculous. At the middle school I'm at the staff is SO nice and my advisor is awesome. I really enjoy it. I also work 8-3 which gives me 2 extra hours a day to be at the quiet house to get some homework done. (I'm guessing I put in at least 15-20 hours of homework in a week :( ...BUT I'm going to be a great teacher because of it!)
Ok well below is a picture story of what we've been up to lately! :) It's a little of everything....
First, Brent had gotten this middle picture on the wall as a photo from one of the team photographers. Its a picture of them with the trophy after winning the Atlantic Hockey Association Tournament to go to the NCAA tourney his senior year. We have had it rolled up and stored since his graduation and finally got it framed. It's a special picture and a fun one too! We love how it turned out so we made a "wall of hockey" in the office. Don't you love how it's hockey pictures on PINK walls. :) hehe. Well, that's the color the wall was when we got here and with us scheduled to move in 9 months it wasn't worth changing! :) Brent's a real man, he can handle it.
This picture makes us smile :)
This is Moxy's favorite spot in the house, besides next to anyone who is eating. This is our back patio and he sits up there and watches everything that happens. Our little watch dog! haha. He doesn't bark but we get a few under the breath "ruffs" out of him. :)


Now in the free time that I DID have (yesterday) I sewed this quilt up with fabric that I had. We are getting a new couch in a couple weeks and I wanted a nice new throw for it. I just need to put a back on it. I picked up a nice chocolate brown already quilted back and need to just sew them together! :) When I do that it will be the first quilt I've ever completed! I've started many and they never get finished.

Also before bed I try to relax with some non-school reading. My momma had bought me this book when I was home for school last month. I'm really enjoying it!
and the less enjoyable reads..... Education Psychology and Foundations of American Education. There are some interesting chapters, but come on... its a text book. :)
With being totally responsible for myself and my school work I needed a BIG calendar. I found this dry erase calendar at staples for about $15. It will get three solid years of school work recorded on it.

Today, when I was at Joann's I found this cute little notebook/journal for .25 cents. :) I have started to see things that teachers do in my current school that I work at and information that classmates share in my class that I one day want to do in my own classroom. This journal will be my "future teacher journal of good idea's!" I'm excited.
Last week I got my hair low-lighted for fall. It's been awhile since I've been this dark but I really like it and I"m thinking of going even darker.... we'll see. :)


Last weekend we and a few friends had free tickets to a Boston College Football game. It turned out to be a lovely day and it was a fun experience. Brent "Mr. Navigator" found a parking spot on the GPS for us that would be a "5 minute walk".... Well... that 5 minutes was meant for driving not walking. It was really a 40 minute walk. Haha. Thankfully it was nice out!

Now in the free time that I DID have (yesterday) I sewed this quilt up with fabric that I had. We are getting a new couch in a couple weeks and I wanted a nice new throw for it. I just need to put a back on it. I picked up a nice chocolate brown already quilted back and need to just sew them together! :) When I do that it will be the first quilt I've ever completed! I've started many and they never get finished.
Also before bed I try to relax with some non-school reading. My momma had bought me this book when I was home for school last month. I'm really enjoying it!
and the less enjoyable reads..... Education Psychology and Foundations of American Education. There are some interesting chapters, but come on... its a text book. :)
With being totally responsible for myself and my school work I needed a BIG calendar. I found this dry erase calendar at staples for about $15. It will get three solid years of school work recorded on it.
Today, when I was at Joann's I found this cute little notebook/journal for .25 cents. :) I have started to see things that teachers do in my current school that I work at and information that classmates share in my class that I one day want to do in my own classroom. This journal will be my "future teacher journal of good idea's!" I'm excited.
Last week I got my hair low-lighted for fall. It's been awhile since I've been this dark but I really like it and I"m thinking of going even darker.... we'll see. :)And mox, what a trooper. With us being so busy the only outside time he gets is to go to the bathroom three times a day. Well this weekend we spoiled him to make up for him being a good sport! We brought him to the park and let him run around and smell EVERYTHING. He was pretty happy about it. How can you not love that little guy????


No comments:
Post a Comment