Tuesday, May 10, 2011

MINNESOTA- Twins!

We just bought our tickets home for the end of next month!! :) (We waited a long time, which isn't normal for us, but it all worked out!) We will be flying home June 30th-July9th!! Yippie!!! Excited for the big wedding weekend! :) With buying our tickets made me think I still needed to update you all with TWINS game pics!! :)

We had such a blast! It did end up raining and a two hour delay, but we stuck it through to the end.


First, we purchased tickets from one of Brent's friends who is a former AFA hockey player and a current Full Bird Colonel. (Great guy, also from MN!) We were able to get 10 minutes on the actual Fenway Field to watch the Twin's batting practice! So neat.

Twin's ended up losing pretty bad at the game we were at and really only won, one game of their series of four games. Boo... BUT we were missing some key players, Mauer being one of them.


I was a happy girl with my hat full of ball park fries, HUGE Barqs rootbeer, camera and Twin's shirt. (Plus the beautiful weather until the third inning.)


I was VERY surprised to see how many MN fans where at the game, I mean a lot!! It was awesome and I felt less scared about being picked on by the "mean Mass People"

SO Close to the players, I really wanted to get one of their attentions to get a picture with them! Would I throw off their game?? Nahhhhhh.


Dave was a big fan of Cuddyer because he knew people who knew him, or some story like that!







Thankfully I had packed these cheap $2 poncho's before we left. (Even though it was gorgeous when we left, I knew baseball could get long......) We used them from the third inning, through the 2 hour rain delay of game and all the way to the 9th inning and stayed dry!! It was AWESOME!! We didn't even leave our seats as we sat in rain for two hours!!


** One more tid-bit. Remember how Brent was one of the military people with the flag on the Fenway Field for opening game day???? Well, Dave was flipping through the Roster book. (Which is basically like a magazine...) and he flips through, and who do you think he finds.... YEP Brent!!! There is a close up of the guy who threw the first pitch and Brent is one of the 7 guys in the background!! NUTS! So we had to grab a couple copies of that....

No comments: