Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!!




Mother's day makes us think of our Mom's obviously. My mom and Jan have so much in common: Loving, teaching, caring, helpful, smart, beautiful, supportive, and thoughtful to name a few. One thing that my mom and Jan do NOT have in common is growing a garden.



Growing up I never had a garden and my mom will explain that by saying she tried and it just didn't work out. Brent on the other hand always grew up around a garden. I am in aw of Steve and Jan's garden and knew that I would one day want to have my own! A few weeks ago I was able to test out my "growing skills" with my classroom by planting flowers for each of the babies mom's for a mothers day gift. Thinking a few weeks would give it time to get growing......



.......








.......












........



Well, a few weeks went by and Mother's Day is here! There was NOTHING coming up, in ANY of them!! (Oh great, I've ruined the Mother's Day gifts for our Mom's in the classroom) Well, not so fast!! I found a cute poem to make it all ok:



I planted some seeds in hopes that they'd grow,
Something went wrong, I just do not know,
Instead of some flowers, its a cupful of dirt,
I love you- Hope your feelings aren't hurt!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!




We got a couple giggles out of that and hopefully they will eventually grow! But it might be a sign that I have my mother's gardening luck.... Might just have to buy flowers and replant like my mom does and get fresh veggies from Jan's garden! :) haha.




Of course we can't leave out a Happy Mother's day to our Grandma's who are also all amazing women!! :) Gram Dinndorf, Grandma Ellis, Grandma-Rie, and Grandma Marg! We are so lucky to have four amazing women in our lives and so blessed and thankful for each and every one of you and all you've done for us! :)



Happy Mother's day to our sisters/sister-in-laws, cousins, friends and future mom's!! It's such an important and amazing job to be a mom and you all do such a wonderful job! You each are so great with your children!!!

1 comment:

christa said...

that's an awesome poem! i'm the same way with planting things! i do the flowers every year too, but only the petunias because you can basically kill them and they still come back to life :)