Monday, May 30, 2011

1 Lt Brent Wallace Olson




This is coming a little late, but I couldn't get in my google account for the last couple days. Weird.





ANYWAYS!





I want to say a big congrats to Brent on his promotion to 1st LT! We can't believe how fast these first two years have gone by! When an officer is promoted it is up to them to provide a "celebration" adding up to about the same amount his pay raise will be. (CRAZY!! Aren't they suppose to put a celebration on for HIM?) He tried to just slip by anyone knowing he was going to be promoted and just show up the next day with his new bars on, but that didn't work.


So we provided the squad with a morning "celebration" breakfast after Brent's promotion ceremony. It turned out nice and we were able to do it on a budget where we got to save some of the "raise" to spend on our NYC trip!!

Our set up: Bagels, fresh fruit, muffins, yogurt, juice, and coffee


Brent taking the oath of office from squad commander Maj. LaBrecque


Hand shake with a 1Lt coin :)


Taking off his gold bar and replacing it with a silver one!


I was caught totally off guard during Brent's speech. He had rehearsed it with me the night before and there was no thanks to me, which I didn't expect any. The day of he went into a good 3 minute speech thanking me and saying so many nice things about me in front of his squad and topped it off with flowers!! I was super surprised! What a sweetie he was! He had a few woman in tears by his speech! One girl in his squad wrote this on her facebook page after:


The speech I just heard brought tears to my eyes. It was beautiful and it's amazing how a married couple can be so happy and know that they are meant for each other. They are truly in love and that is so rare to find nowadays. ......awwwwwww :)


It really was a touching speech from Brent and I'm so lucky to have such an amazing husband and best friend! Congrats on your promotion B! :) Love you.

No comments: