Sorry I haven't blogged in a couple weeks. Shame on me. It isn't that we haven't been busy, just haven't been to busy with "fun stuff".
In the last couple weeks I was moved into a different infant room at work because of my positive attitude and strong leadership skills. (I'm not sure if they were just sugar coating things so I wouldn't put up a fight to leave the room I've been in for almost a year!) At first I was not happy, loved my room, the kids in it, the families. Things were very good. But a classroom near us was really struggling with the teachers in there working together and parent-teacher communication so they made the switch. Two weeks later, I still miss my old room but am growing to love my new room.
Brent is staying busy with work. Had a mock deployment last week. (I know it is just practice but when he got the phone call early in the morning telling him to report to work normal time for inproscessing my heart dropped.) I am so thankful for those who deploy and being away from their families but I secretly wish/pray that Brent never has too. But we are both prepared for him to in the next couple years. Seems like all of our friends out here have either been deployed in the last year, are deployed or going to be deployed soon. Brent is also staying busy on two "old timer" hockey leagues. One with all (11) the AF hockey grads and the other with some other guys. He is in the playoffs for both leagues and last night I was able to go watch him play. Was fun to watch him. I was one of three people who were in the stands! :)
The weather has been such a tease like it sounds like it is all over lately. It was in the mid 60's last week and the snow was all melted and then yesterday it started to snow!! UGH. I had just packed up all the winter stuff too. So we got enough snow to cover the ground and today it is more slushy. Its suppose to warm up a little I think/hope!
Our good friend Jay Clark is getting married in June and has asked Brent to be part of the wedding. They are getting married in Pennsylvania about 6 hours from our place at a beautiful outdoor place. Should be very nice. We had a "group phone date" the other night just discussing things about their wedding and how we did certain things for our wedding. It was nice. We are very happy and excited for them!
Coming up this week my mom and sister are coming out on Thursday until Monday!! I'm SO excited for them to get here. My mom came out last year around this time and this will be the first time for Laura. One of our first items of business is to find Laura a prom dress! I'm so excited that I will get to help in that!! Fun. We don't have any chocolate tours this time around but my mom did email the place where we enjoyed all of our favorite chocolate cake to see if they would make it while we were there and they were up for it! COOL. Sounds like something my mom says, "Well it doesn't hurt to ask, the worse they will say is No." So that's exciting. I will actually have some things to blog about after their trip out!
Ok Y'all! Hope all is well with you guys.
1 comment:
Praying that Bubs doesn't have to be deployed as well! Scary stuff! But have FUN with your mama and sister!!! Can't wait to see all the pics of your time together!!
Post a Comment