So today with the house to myself I had planned to get up and sew all day long. It didn't really work out that way. I had the longest week I can remember in my life this last week and have been so tired after work. Last night I slept 13 hours!! And I needed each hour. So I ended up getting up at 11:30am (Yikes!) Ate some breakfast and jumped in the shower. I had a few errands to run and a stop by Joann's :) On my way out of the apartments I accidentally swiped the side of the curb and put a 1 inch gash in my tire... Ugh. No husband to call for help.... so I went back to the apt and had our friends take a look at it. I then brought it to base because it didn't seem to be losing air. The guy that works at the place they change tires/gas station is actually one of the dad's to one of the babies in my classroom. Very nice guy. He put my car up and took the wheel off. He put it in a tub of water to see if any bubbles came up (meaning there was a leak) he said there was none and he also found a piece of metal stuck in my tire....He said it should be fine to drive on but to watch it to see if it forms a bubble. Then I need to bring it in asap. He also said while it is parked on base for the next week when I go to MN he will keep an eye on it. After that I asked how much I owed him, he responds with, "Nothing, you take care of my daughter" :) (She is the cute one with the orange flower headband in my pictures)
So back to the sewing... I really only got a few short hours to sew out of my LONG day :( If you want to check out what I did today though look at my LoveBug blog. I made some more cotton headbands and also made a crochet winter headband! Very neat.
olsonlisa.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment