Well I’m not much of a ‘blogger’ myself, but if I’ve got something that’s deserving of being blogged about I’d better get after it! So here it is, and this blog is about, you guessed it, Mrs. Olson! What a seriously impressive lady; let me explain!
Today was the 66th Air Base Group 4th quarter award breakfast ceremony and nominated for Non-Appropriated Funds (NAF) Civilian Category II was yours truly, Lisa M. Olson! I was the very proud husband who got to escort my wife to the awards ceremony in front of the entire base. I should also mention that of the entire base she was one of only two people up for the award and there are more than 125,000 contractor’s civilians and military members who work here on base!
Outside of work Lisa has been actively pursuing one her favorite hobbies, sewing which she learned from her mom, and has taken it to the next level. She is a new entrepreneur and her business, for just being a few weeks old, has taken off. LoveBug by Auntie L, is the name of her little business and she sold numerous items including Tutu’s, head bands and burp rags. She can just about make anything you can think of!
Last but certainly not least, Lisa has taken on the responsibility of Key Spouse program coordinator for, now OUR squadron, the 66th Comptroller Squadron (CPTS). As the Key Spouse Lisa keeps in contact with the family members of those military members from our unit who are deployed and with two wars and several other deployment locations throughout the world we have several members deployed at any given moment. She works directly for the commander of our squad ensuring the families of those deployed members left behind are not forgotten about but taken care of. As a military member there is no greater fear than having to leave your family with no one to look out for them or take care of them should anything happen to them while you’re deployed. Lisa has volunteered to be that crucial link between civilian spouses/families and the squadron to ensure that they are taken care of, physically, mentally and spiritually!
If you haven’t gotten the picture I’ve been trying to paint I’ll come right out and say it; I’m really proud of you Lis and I thank the Lord for blessing me with an incredible best friend and spouse. You’re more than I could have ever asked for; I don’t know what I did to deserve someone as great as you but I know I’m the luckiest cause I got you babe!
3 comments:
SO did she win?!?!?!?!?! You did get a good catch Bubba!! :)
ohh.. had this all written the another day and lost it. thought it saved...so
Glad you got on here and shared this with us Bubba!
Way to go Lisa!! Sounds like a very big honor.
You'll have to get on here and tell us all about your new role. A very wonderful opportunity to share the Saviour with those who could be hurting and so very lost.
No, didn't win.... :( Maybe next time! Still an honor to be nominated!! :)
Post a Comment