Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend!

We started our Saturday morning out with a walk down to the river. It was a gorgeous day! Enjoyed the 70's all weekend. Last time we had been to the river was in the fall. usually there is about a ten foot beach area that we could play with Mox in. When we got there Saturday we were surprised at what we found!
The water is up so far from all of the rain we had gotten last week. The "flood" in MA. There was no beach! I bet the water covered about 15 feet of what is usually very dry land! Unbelievable. Our apartments are on such high grounds that we didn't really know of where all the flooding was, but in cities close by there was some massive damage. Even base housing dealt with some basement flooding.

I had to put this picture on. It was so funny! Brent was avoiding the "muddy area's" and got stuck in a bush... too funny!
After our walk on Saturday we headed to the golfing range with our friend Greg to hit a few balls! There is a nice course about 3 miles from our house. We topped the night off with a terrible movie. "The fourth kind" - we turned it off half way through.

Sunday we attended church on base. When we got home the boys were put to work peeling the Easter eggs we had decorated earlier. Mox was pretty interested!
We got together with two other couples and Deanna for an Easter lunch (the turned into dinner) Brent and I were in charge of Ham, Jello, green bean casserole, deviled eggs and I think that is it.... But we had a ton of food when all the couples got together!! Good Food, Great Friends.
This little bunny is Mike and Emily Phillipich's little girl. She is almost two months old and adorable!! I think I held her about 85% of the 5 hours we were at their place!! :-) We are her newest and first babysitters next weekend.

A little view of our dinner after we had gone through the eat line! There was like 3/4th ham left in the roaster! (Good left-overs)
That concludes our Easter Weekend! We hope you all had a wonderful weekend and were able to enjoy some beautiful weather like we did. :) How lucky we are to have such a wonderful savior!! I remember my Gram D. always saying, " Jesus is the reason for the season!" And Easter is just that...




No comments: