Our first "coffee table" look. (way to bachelor pad for me...)

So I went out and bought a table cloth that I thought would cover it completely and at least not look like a trunk!

I was wrong... it didn't cover the whole thing... so we have been just adjusting it so when you first walk in it looks completely covered, but the back is mostly blue trunk!

We have talked about buying fabric to make a fitted cover for the trunk and keep it as our coffee table. (it is a great source of storage!) So today I went to Jo-Ann's (my second home out here) and spent a good 30 minutes putting patterns together. At first my heart was set on a zebra print and a light aqua blue... and then I had to remember the colors already in our living room... so I went with something more "earthy"...

because I am the type who hates to use a pattern I was praying that everything was going to fit right! And for the most part it worked out great! No huge mistakes...
I
love the colors in the stripes! We have a art right above our couch that matches perfect and the colors also tie into the painting Deanna Olson did for us! So things worked out pretty well.
No comments:
Post a Comment