Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gaining Grandma's Hobby

My grandma Ellis for years has embroidered towels, pillow cases and much more! Since I've been home I've been really trying to get up to see her a lot. I know that after this trip home I will only be back in Baudette twice a year for the next four years...

For Christmas Grandma Ellis had embroidered me a set of dishtowels for every day of the week. It was such a meaningful and special gift to me from my Grandma. I told her that I don't ever want to use them because they were so special to me! She told me that was silly and they were made to be used! (I still haven't used them....)

One thing that we can do together and both enjoy is embroider. I asked Grandma to teach me, and one night after school she did! She is a great teacher. I really enjoy doing it too!!! Another hobby to add to my list! This one, is special to me though, because every time I do it I think of my Grandma Ellis, and I know I always will!! :) I think she was pretty impressed with my skill too!! I learn from the best!! :)




This was my "practice towel" while Grandma taught me some tricks!
This was the first towel I did completely on my own! Also in two nights!!

Here is the one I am currently working on!


And these are all the FUN colors I get to pick from! :)
I have everything gathered in a tin, just like Grandma....

2 comments:

Micah said...

I love to embroider! I used to to it all the time before I got married. Made a few quilts from embroidered blocks. (small quilts) :) This inspired me to get back into it! I nice relaxing hobby for evenings!

Anonymous said...

How precious that you can learn directly from your Grandma. I have a couple of dresser scarves that my Grandma did for me, think I'm gonna get them out now :-) And, like Micah, perhaps take up this hobby. Thanks for the inspiration!! (MJean)