Friday, September 18, 2009

Recovery

Brent had his four wisdom teeth taken out yesterday. I can honestly say we were both a little nervous. Him, because he was going under and going to be hurting, and me because I was the one who had to take care of him and wasn't sure how "loopy" he was going to be, or if I would have to carry him up our stairs. haha.

The surgery went well. It took about an hour and a half. He was put to sleep by an IV and said he woke up while they were stitching him up and he could watch it all in the doctors glasses... usually that would bother him, but he was laughing like crazy!


When I first walked in the room he was sitting in the chair. Legs up with a blanket, ice packs and gauze in his mouth. The first thing he said to me was, "You're hot!" (Just image him saying that with a huge grin but can't really talk because his mouth was full of gauze.) It was a pretty funny start. He just kept laughing and laughing. The nurse would have to come tell him not to talk so he would keep pressure where the holes were. She would say something to him and he would ask, "You promise"

We then got to the car, he insisted on driving.... silly goose. So I drove us to get his medications and some form he needed to miss work for health reasons. So I ran in and out of the clinic about 6 times to the car to either check on Brent or have him sign something. He was a good sport and just sat in the car.

We got all the bleeding under control once we got home and he was pretty sore, numb, and a bit out of it still.

Today he's doing great! I am so surprised that the swelling is so minimal. He looks good, he feels pretty good. Just has a sore jaw. I'm so happy the whole experience has gone better than he thought.

2 comments:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Ohhh this made me laugh my head off!! What a nut! Glad you both survived.. :)

christa said...

This made me laugh too! What a nut. When Darby had his wisdom teeth out, he was trying to pat the nurse's butt when he came to. It was pretty funny! Glad Bubba is doing good though - I'm sure you make a great nurse, Lisa!