Monday, September 21, 2009

NASCAR



Sunday Brent was feeling pretty good. We had got free tickets to go to the Nascar Chase Races in NH. It was about an hour and a half drive but a beautiful day and beautiful views of the trees changing. I tried to take pictures but the car was moving to fast, they were all blurry. I'll get out this week and take some. It really is beautiful!!

Anyways, we got close to the track and we went four miles in probably 45 minutes. They had turned it into a three lane instead of one and it was still not moving. Once we got there parking was terrible!! I could not believe how many cars there were. Tucked all over the place. We finally moved a trash can to park and we were still about a mile away. We got out of the car just as the fly over happened. So we hurried towards the track. We could hear the cars getting ready to go and luckily we were at the top of a hill so could see them take off on their first lap. It was SOO loud. I thought Jason's races were loud. This was so loud that it made my body shake when the cars drove by. Thankfully we had ear plugs and I'm guessing the people who didn't probably can't hear today.

We stayed for almost 200 laps (300 total) With traffic the way it was to get in, we wanted to get ahead of that to get home. Brent was rooting for #9 Kasey Kahne. Who actually a few laps in his engine blew and he was out! Taking last in the chase race. I was rooting for the Target car... because I LOVE target! :) Nothing strategic, just looking for the "pretty" ones. Juan Pablo Montoya #42. He actually kept the lead for most the race and then ended up getting second. (we recorded the race so we watched the end once we got home)

It was a really fun experience! And a lot of interesting people. I enjoyed the people watching, the beautiful weather, and spending time with my hubby at an event he really enjoyed!!

No comments: