Monday, July 20, 2009

Knee Recovery

Three months ago from today was the day that I went in for knee surgery. It feels like it was ages ago that I actually had the surgery, but the recovery has been with me every day since then. I have stopped going to physical therapy and been doing things on my own. (has been a costly accident)I'm not really sure if I will ever get it completely strait but it is so close and people are noticing an improvement in my walk/limp.

Thank you to everyone who has put so many prayers in for my knee recovery.

This picture was taken about two days after surgery. We were going to try and "sponge bath". I had the help of my mom and aunt and was at the time taking heavy heavy medication. I could not walk even with crutches on my own, and the movement from the couch to the bathroom made me throw up.
Knee all braced up and still has the pain killer pump going directly into my knee. About a week after surgery.
Brent took this picture at Target. He thought it was so funny that I chose to ride that cart around while we shopped for groceries. This was about two weeks after surgery and I was lucky if I could make it from the couch to the bathroom without all the pressure rushing to my knee to the point of throbbing pain. I road the cart shopping for about three weeks.
This was probably a month after surgery. Changing band-aids often so had to get some "fun' ones!
Poor Brent had to deal with making me easy mac for about two months. Poor guy didn't get any home cooked meals. One day I felt motivated to go to the store alone, pick up groceries and make Brent dinner. Yes, I had to sit down while I did it but I did it!
This is my knee today. Scars look GREAT... not very obvious. I think the swelling comes and go's depending on how much work I put my knee to in a day. It is finally something I really don't notice anymore accept for when it comes to stairs. I need to take those a little slow still. But otherwise... doing great!

No comments: