
Easier to sit than to stand with my knee.

Brents plate

Brent approves!
With all of my down time I've enjoyed watching Rachel Ray. One episode she made beef stroganoff. It looked so delicious so yesterday I was going to actually make a meal. We've been eating just quick stuff, grabbing subway, or frozen chicken strips for weeks now so it was nice to finally be able to get up and cook.
I started my adventure to target to get the ingredients needed. Couldn't find half the stuff she called for so I decided I was going to just wing it a little.
I used:
1.5 pounds of beef stew meat (which was a little on the chewing side but not bad)
1 can of cream of mushroom
1 package of onion soup
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 bag of egg noodles
salt and pepper
I cooked up the onion soup by boiling it with water, added the soup and the sour cream. In another pan I fried the meat and in another pot boiled the noodles. I was not to sure how things would turn out, but its fun to experiment because Brent will eat anything usually. :-) It turned out very good and I was happy with the make! Super duper easy too... Also good if you freeze individual servings for later or for work. (we didn't have any left overs, maybe next time)
1 comment:
I love beef stroganoff! I think it was one of the first dishes that I made when we got married and definatly had jerem's approval! Works great with venison too if you like that
Post a Comment