Saturday, April 11, 2009

Can't leave CO without a little ski trip!!






Brent and I decided that we needed to take advantage of the slopes before we don't have them anymore. We've been holding off because hockey has been going and going on! So we went today up to Monarch Mountain. About 2 hours from the Springs. It was a ton of fun!! until...

the third run up (These slopes take like 10 minutes to get up and about 20 minutes to get down) brent brings us up one of the lifts and we get off the chair lift only to realize there are NO easy slopes on this lift. This is not a good thing for two people who are on their third run and haven't been skiing since the 9th grade!!! UGH>

Well, we must get down... so here we go... First I gain speed and end up trying to fall on my butt to stop me. Nope... Now I'm sking with my ski's and my butt!! Practically hitting a man and snow all up my back. Then brent's coming down.. there is a kid sitting in the middle and he's just going to slide his ski's down to his dad ( he was scared like us) brent happens to hit the ski that is on the way to the dad. Biffs it..... after this point.. I seriously wanted to call for help for someone to come help me get down. haha.. but I wanted to be tough and stick it out.

So we get our ski's back on and try again. This time I'm gaining speed again! oooooh GREAT! So I try to stop sideways like the "good people" can. Nope totally twist my whole let around and injury my knee... Great! So ended up walking down the hill in pain, brent carrying both our ski's to the car and I'm done with the ski adventure by 11:30... brent went out for one last run and that ended our ski adventure. It was fun with a stinky ending!

1 comment:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Mom told me about your knee today. Such a bummer, I'm sorry. Hope it's feeling OK though and you're able to walk on it? I had a boyfriend once that drug me down a black diamond, I think it was, and I totally biffed, lost it all and bruised my whole body... still married him though. ;)